Unable to get to Magento backend after changing default website
You’ve changed the default website to something other than the base URL and now cannot get into the backend.
The quick and simple way to get back into the backend of your Magentoinstallation is by turning off the Redirect to Base URL setting.
Of course, you ask…but how? Without backend access? Here’s the solution:
- Go into your Magento MySQL database
- Find the table yourownprefixhere_core_config_data
- Row 12 should be ‘web/url/redirect_to_base’
- Change the value from 1 to 0
- Enter your original base URL in your browser and the appropriate admin trailer (i.e. /admin)
You can now change settings back to before the collapse.