Last Updated: October 13, 2023
John Scalla is located in United States and is subject to United States’s laws. If you are outside of United States, your use of the website constitutes consent to the transmission of personal information to United States. If your use of John Scalla is against the laws of your jurisdiction, it is your responsibility to refrain from the use of John Scalla.
Types of Personal Information Collected
“Personal information” is data that identifies, relates to, describes, can be used to contact, or could reasonably be linked directly or indirectly to a User. For purposes of this Policy, there is no meaningful distinction between the terms “personal information” and “personal data.”
We collect the following items of personal information from Users:
- Full Name
- Email Address
- Telephone Number
- Information associated with other accounts belonging to the User
- Credit card information
- Account password
- Geolocation Info
Collection of Personal Information
Submission from User
Certain items of personal information we rely on you to submit to us. When a user creates their account and/or makes a purchase they will enter their name, address.
- Before a transaction, we collect items of personal information from your submission including Credit Card information.
Certain items of personal information are collected from you upon visiting John Scalla, namely: Browser type, IP information, device meta data
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
John Scalla utilizes cookies for the following purposes: Improve user experience in the site and to improve user experience.. These cookies remain associated with you. Deleting these cookies may result in limited functionality.
Third Party Cookies
We work with third parties that place cookies on our Website to provide:
- Ad Services. In the course of providing advertisement services, the following third parties utilize cookies on John Scalla: Google, Bing.
- Data Providers. We use third-party data provider cookies in connection with John Scalla. The following third parties utilize data provider cookies on John Scalla: Google, Bing. Website usage analytics
- Analytics. We use third-party analytics cookies to gain insight into how our visitors use John Scalla. The following third parties utilize cookies on John Scalla for analytics: Google, Bing. User experience improvements
Third Party Cookies Control
Opting Out of Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Opting out of Third Party Cookies. To opt out of third party cookies, refer to the methods they have posted on their individual websites.
Use of Personal Information
In general, we use your personal information to:
- Process your order;
- Communicate with you regarding your order, your account, the use of our products or services, or otherwise provide customer service;
- Maintain your account and keep track of any purchases made by you;
- Authenticate your account credentials and identify you to log in to the Website;
- Personalize your experience on the Website;
- Send you marketing communications about services and products offered by John Scalla, John Scalla LLC and affiliate companies of John Scalla LLC, as permitted by law;
- Improve our website, your personal information may be analyzed to search for patterns which may help improve the overall website experience;
- Improve the customer service we provide, your personal information may be used for review and quality control purposes;
- Authenticate your credit or debit card account information;
- Create de-identified personal information to be used by us; and
- Use for any other reason you consent to.
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third-Parties
We disclose the personal information we collect (or otherwise generate or obtain) for the following purposes:
- Social Media Providers. Disclosure of your personal information may be made to social media providers when you link your social media accounts to the Website.
- In the event of a corporate transaction. We may disclose or transfer your information to a third party if we sell, transfer, divest, or disclose all or a portion of our business or assets to another company in connection with or during negotiation of any merger, financing, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, transaction, or proceeding.
- Use to protect against, investigate and deter fraudulent activity. When necessary, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties for the purpose of protecting against, investigating and deterring fraudulent, as well as unauthorized or illegal, activity.
- Defend our legal rights. To protect and defend the legal rights of John Scalla, and John Scalla’s employees, we may disclose your personal information. We may also require your personal information to defend against legal claims, or to establish our legal rights.
- To comply with and as required by law. We may disclose your personal information to government authorities or other relevant third parties in order to comply with applicable legal requirements, judicial proceedings, court orders, subpoenas, legal process, or lawful requests from governmental authorities.
- At your request. We also share your information as directed or requested by you, or subject to your consent. In some circumstances, you may have the right to opt-out or object to our sharing of your information with certain third parties.
The Ability of Others to View Your Information
When you use the Website, certain information you post or provide on the publicly available portions of the Website may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside of the control of the Website. We have no obligations with respect to any information that you post to publicly available parts of the Website.
We have implemented commercially reasonable safeguards to provide adequate protection for the storage and transfer of your Personal Information. Despite the measures we have taken, we cannot guarantee that your personal information will only be accessed by authorized parties. We are not responsible for third parties that circumvent the safeguards we have put in place. We will notify you if we become aware of unauthorized access of your personal information..
Retention of Personal Information
Unless there is something in this Policy to the contrary, we may retain your personal information for as long as your account is active and for a period of 1 year thereafter to allow you to re-activate your account without loss of information. We may also retain your personal information as necessary to comply with legal requirements and obligations, defend our rights, resolve conflicts, improve our website, address complaints, and enforce contracts.
Storage of Credit Card Information
We do not store your credit card or debit card information ourselves. We do not access such information for other purposes without your permission. While credit or debit card information is safeguarded through our third-party service provider, no method of electronic storage is 100% and we cannot guarantee its absolute security. When your credit or debit card account information is being transmitted through our Website, it will be protected by security protocols..
We may allow you to link the account you create on John Scalla to your social media accounts to: For website authentication/verification. We will only share your personal information with social media operators when you link your account. Further disclosure will only be done with your express permission.
Third Party Links
Your Choices and Rights
You may choose not to provide some of the personal information described above. Please note, however, that many of our services require some personal information to operate, so if you choose not to provide the personal information necessary to operate and provide you with a particular service or feature of that service, you may not be able to use that service or feature.
For any personal information that is collected, used or processed pursuant to your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us by one of the methods listed below. Withdrawal of your consent will not affect the use or collection of your personal information prior to your withdrawal. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us by one of the methods listed below.
Ability to Unsubscribe From Marketing Emails
You may “opt-out” of electronic communications from us by Click on unsubscribe at the bottom of the emails or send a request to email@example.com or any method described in the electronic communication. You may also contact us through the methods described below to unsubscribe from email communications..This applies to promotional communications and not administrative communications we feel are necessary to provide the services on the Website..
Sharing with Third Parties
We do not automatically share your personal information with third party service providers without your consent, except for any such disclosures that are necessary to fulfill the services you contracted for with us to provide through the Website. All other disclosures to third party business service providers are only made through your affirmative actions, by indicating on the Website that you are interested in third party services. To prevent the disclosure of your personal information to these third party service providers, do not opt-in for the service.
Corrections to Personal Information
If you have created an online account with us and would like to update the information you have provided to us, please access your account to view and update your information..
“Do-Not-Track” is a web browser setting that sends a signal instructing the website not to track a user. John Scalla currently does not have a mechanism to respond to “Do-Not-Track” requests..
Minors under the age of 13 may not use the Website. We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years of age. Additionally, we recommend that users between the ages of 13 and 18 ask their parents for permission before sending any information about themselves to anyone over the Internet..
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy or the way in which your personal information is handled, please contact us at PO BOX 2258, Honolulu, Hawaii.96804, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.